Entraide Positive is a project financed by the helath and social services agency of Montreal and is done by and for HIV positive men who have sex with other men (MSM).
It is a project based on a peer approach. It allows for the sharing of information, listening, and support from men also living with the realities of HIV.
Question on sexual health, isolation, dependencies, disclosure, discrimination and all other basic questions on HIV are addressed daily.
This project has several components:
- Indiviual intervention. To discuss your needs with a professional.
- Peer support. The possibility to meet another gay man living with HIV as to discuss daily realities.
- Discussion groups. With a different theme each week and guest experts.
- The Phoenix workshops. 8 unique workshops about the sexual health of gay and bi-sexual men.
- Group for the youth. To allow men of 35 years of age and less, living with a new diagnostic of HIV, to get together.
- Outreach. As to promote the different services of the sexual health project.
For more informations, contact a community worker of Entraide Positive.